Friday 22 May 2009

Latest news

Thought I would pen a very brief update on a few subjects;

Suffolk Indoor Rowing Championships; Thanks to all who took part. I think I would be right in saying a great day was had by all. The sun was shining and 2k doesn't really hurt that much when everyone is shouting at you! Some great performances all round but a special mention to Woodbridge School A who were the recipients of the team prize.

Cambridge Spring Regatta; Again, another glorious day out in the spring sunshine. No wins but great efforts from our juniors Chris Lawrence, Em and Chezzi (in the new double'). All were entered as juniors and novice in their respective events and beat much larger and older oppposition in the course of the day. Em and Chezzi made it to the final of the womens novice 2X but sadly had to scratch for logistical reasons. Shame, because I'm sure they would have come away with the first pot of the season!

Fund raising; We now have just over 70% of the required funds for the Deben RC rebuild project committed from a number of partners. The most notable being Sport England and the Amateur Rowing Association. The ARA want us to start the rebuild in the autumn of this year so time is short to raise the remainder. All contributions welcome!

I think that's it for now. If I can find some batteries for my camera I will post some photo's from the Indoor Rowing event.

Tim

No comments: