Monday 2 November 2009

Norfolk Sculls, 31st October, 2009

Well done to everyone who went along to Norwich on Saturday for the Norfolk Sculls - there was a good contingent of competitors and supporters from DRC despite the rather grey weather.

On the river were Catherine, Chezzi, Chris L., Clio, Hannah, John, Malcolm, Megan, Steve F. and Tim.





Full results can be found on the Norwich website: http://www.norwichrowingclub.co.uk/

Particular congratulations to the prize winners:

Clio - fastest W1x
Malcolm and Catherine - Nov Mix 2x pots
(Again! We look forward to your hatrick...)


Hopefully more words from someone who was actually there will follow soon, but for now I think the quote below from Steve pretty much sums up what we should all be feeling at this point in the season - time to knuckle down and get training, despite the cold and dark.

"[Competing in the Norfolk Sculls] proved to me what I knew anyway: that after a 7.5 year 'lay up' it takes more than a bit of paddling to get race fit again!!! I'm now resolved to dust off my ergo and put some real time in on it again."

I also think the look on our Chairman's face in this picture says it all!

No comments: