Saturday 10 March 2007

Well this is the start!

Today at the club I have been inspired by a photo! I saw the old image of the rowing boat, pulled along on a horse and cart with 'Deben Rowing Club' written on the side (photo to follow when I get it!); I never realised I was rowing in a club steeped in history. I would love to see the club thrive again and promote rowing within Woodbridge, with a bigger boat house, new boats, more members, more wins and better facilities - "if you build it, they will come" (Kevin Costner - Field of Dreams). Who knows, we may even catch some new members from the University in Ipswich. A UK known head race would be nice too; something like the Boston Marathon - Head of the Deben maybe?

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, down to why I want to start this Blog. TD mentioned he would like an updated web site for the club but I thought we could use this as an alternative. Using this Blog we can let all the members know about up and coming events, I'm trying to find a web based calendar we can link to, and also notes/photos on races. I've not used a Blog before but there seem to be all sorts of neat features we could utilise for the club.

I'm in the process of trying this out so it's just me who can enter posts, but if it works well then I can allow all DRC members to say what they like, when they like!

I think a 'Club History' post would be really nice, so if anyone has anything to share then please let me know.

OT

PS
The logo on the right is a new one I created for the 2007 club kit - I hope you like it!

No comments: