Sunday 25 March 2007

A BIG day for WILL


I'm sure everyone in the club would join me in wishing Will a very HAPPY 40th BIRTHDAY. I hope he had a lovely weekend and hasn't been thinking too much about slippers an pipes!

As for the rowing on Saturday and Sunday I think you would all agree it's been a little difficult. Maybe it's because I'm used to the lovey sedate rivers of Herefordshire, but if this weather doesn't improve I'm going to go crazy. I felt cheated by it today - waking up and seeing the brilliant sunshine led me to believe rowing would be a joy, I should have been able to tell by the trees arched over that it would be a windy one! Well done to all who went out today though; I chickened out and went for a run instead.

Next weekend (weather permitting) should see a number of us becoming Sons and Daughters of the Deben in the 'Deben Challenge' - more details of what we need to be thinking about over the 22 miles will be emailed this week. I'm hoping that certain members of the club who have links with news and broadcasting are sharpening their pencils to write an article for the local paper!

See you all on Saturday,

OT

No comments: